Friday, April 12, 2013

Gratitude

I was told last night that I was ungrateful because I do not support men and women going into other countries for war. I was ungrateful because someone thinks I asked them to defend my freedom. I did not ask anyone of this.

So this has made me think. Am I grateful for things?

Yes. I am grateful for my husband who works so very hard to support Jack and I. Especially while I get my shit together. Grateful to get everyone else's idea of who and what I should be out of me. I am so grateful to have someone that loves me enough to know I am going through a challenge and struggle to figure things out and choses to be with me still. I am grateful every moment for my son that I was so concerned and scared about being born. I am grateful everyday for my sister who allowed me to live with her to get me out of a bad home situation. I am grateful everyday for my father and mother in law in NY that were able to help us financially while we were pregnant. I am grateful for my in laws in AZ and niece and nephew for being in my life.

I am grateful for the people that own the house we live in for allowing us to stay for a year while we had our son and figure things out.

I am grateful everyday that I wake up and my pain is a little less. My anxiety is a little less. My clothes fit a little better. I am grateful that I have a cute Staffie to walk. I am grateful to have food to nourish my body to I can become strong again for my family.

I am grateful to be breathing.

So when someone says I am ungrateful because they made a choice to fight in a war I do not believe in. Someone that fights for corporate America. Someone that is now suffering from the choice that they made. Please do not tell me that I am ungrateful.

Our choices are our own. We all make them for different reasons but to tell someone that they are ungrateful and are useless to the country they lie in it is too far. We all have our own path to walk, I chose not to walk mine with bitterness anymore.

The best quote I have ever remember is this: Great Spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. Albert Einstein




No comments:

Post a Comment