Thursday, April 4, 2013

Becoming Healthy

I write this from the rocking chair while Jack plays on the floor before his nap. Maybe we will just go for a walk before his nap or something.

Anyway, I don't want to be unhealthy anymore. It's been a really rough 3 years with 2 surgeries and a baby. I was telling myself that I could not physically do it. I didn't have the energy to work out, go for a walk, anything. And to a certain extent I didn't. But I think most of that was in my head. So I am on another journey to clean out the negative and work on bringing the positive to my life.

With that, I need to eat healthier. This morning Jack and I both had oatmeal and bananas for breakfast. (which by the way, it is really fun saying bananas to your dog in a high pitched voice). I am realizing that my husband and I need to set a good example of healthful eating for Jack. And I want him to know that exercise and movement are good for him. Yes, it's so easy to lay on the couch and watch tv. We aren't canceling that out. I love The Big Bang Theory WAY too much. But we need to make time in our lives to exercise.

For the past 6 weeks we have gone for a walk everyday, minus a day or two off here and there for rest. That doesn't seem like a big deal right? Well it is. Since I started working at home 2 years ago it is very easy to stay in the house. And with AZ in the summer, it's a given. But this year is the year for change. It's not just my husband and I anymore.

The nice part about AZ, the heat. I know, I know. I used to complain too. But right now I am not. I am learning to embrace the heat. So far this week I have done yoga outside in the sun and heat. It feels amazing and I feel amazing after.

So right now with waking two miles and yoga while Jack is napping, it is a start. We will add more exercise as the weight drops. We will eat a little more healthful everyday and we will be more conscience everyday of what goes on our bodies . At least I will.

Have a good day!

1 comment:

  1. When we get back I will be do happy for the ever sunny weather to be able to get outside to walk daily!

    ReplyDelete